What is 'Friends of Farmgear'?
Here at Farmgear we believe strong communities are the best way to live and work. To this end we will be running various competitions or other promotions designed to give something back to your local communities.
Nominate Your Favourite Good Cause
Many of us have a favourite local, small, good cause. We ourselves have some that are close to our hearts.
We understand the struggles they can face. Long hours, relying on donations and volunteer help only. Unlike many of the larger charities, they do not have impressive offices, pay high salaries, and receive national or even global donations.
In other words, they need all the help they can get.
Therefore, each quarter we are going to donate 5%* of our revenue to one of these good causes. They do not have to be strictly agricultural in nature either.
How the good cause will be selected:
- Each quarter Farmgear will select an area of the country to benefit, we will publish this information on our Farmgear News page, in the competitions section.
- Farmgear members can then nominate their favourite cause in that area by filling out the ‘Good Cause Nomination Form’ below. Or you may nominate via the Farmgear mobile app.
- At the end of the quarter Farmgear will collate all the nominations and select five causes ‘from a hat’ to be voted on as our next good cause.
- The list of causes will be published on the Farmgear News page as well.
- Farmgear members can then place their votes using the ‘Good Cause Voting’ form below. Or you may vote via the Farmgear mobile app.
To help make the donation amount as high as possible we shall also include a donate button for anyone wishing to contribute further funds. For many of these causes, even £5.00 can make a big difference.
All nominated good causes will be added to the Farmgear directory so that they may receive donations directly in future.
Good Cause Nomination Form
Vote for Our Next Good Cause
Having read about the five good causes that have been nominated and selected from the ‘hat’, you may now vote for your favourite.
Fill out the ‘Good Cause Voting Form’ below. Or you may vote via the Farmgear mobile app.
At the end of the quarter Farmgear will tally the votes and publish which cause is to benefit.
As mentioned above, there will be a donate button for those wishing to contribute personally.
Good Cause Voting Form
Each month Farmgear will publish a news article about one single business. The business in question will need to be a Farmgear Ultimate member.
Our intention is to create newsworthy, good publicity for the business in question.
How the spotlight business will be selected:
- A business that would like to be featured will need to complete our ‘Spotlight Business Form’ below.
- To ensure a quality, newsworthy article we will be selecting businesses based on any significant and recent achievements.
- A business that has for example:
- made a difference to their local community
- innovated or diversified
- expanded and/or moved to new premises
- taken on more staff
- experienced financial issues during Covid, yet has recovered
- introduced green methods and/or technologies
- increased turnover through the use of a new or revamped digital presence, or rebranding
- brought out a new product that has transformed their market
- staff that makes the business successful
- reinvented itself after suffering personal or financial difficulties
Spotlight Business Form
Farmgear members are able offer prizes for us to award for other competitions we run.
Our competitions will be designed to create maximum good publicity for ourselves and the member donating the prize.
Additionally, the donating member will be involved in selecting the competition winner as well.
Prizes do not have to be high value, though there will likely be more interest for bigger prizes. They should however be deliverable either nationally or digitally.
If you feel you would be able to help, please complete the ‘Offer Prize Donation Form’ below. We are also able to advise on prize ideas.
We are also able to provide you with branded promotional gifts if that would suit you. For Farmgear members we offer a discount on our published prices.
Offer Prize Donation Form
Terms & Conditions
*The donation amount will be 5% of total revenue for that quarter, less any payment processing fees.